What’s better for you in your twenties: a guy to waste the days with whilst you figure out your plan, or a man who wants to spend his life with you?
I made pros and cons lists…
- No stress
- No strings
- Support when you ask for it
- Amazing sex life
- No commitment
- Doesn’t really worry about you
- Doesn’t spend a lot of time with you outside the bedroom
- It’s all about sex
- Loves you
- Is interested in what you have to say
- Will give you their opinion
- Likes spending time with you
- It’s not all about sex
- Helps you when you’re down
- Can be clingy
- Can suffocate you and not let you grow as a person
- Has their own problems too
- Might try to change you
- You might not be their ultimate priority
- It hurts when they break up with you
Looks like either case has it’s issues.
Personally, I believe that at some times in your life – you are not ready for love and a committed relationship. Not to say you should go out and have a string of one night stand, but perhaps fill your bed with a person you care about instead of a stranger.
Equally, you don’t need sex or love to be happy with yourself and should never base your life goals on the soul purpose of finding another person to share your life with. You are amazing by yourself, and (in my opinion) you need to be happy alone before you can be happy with another.
What do you think – lover or lifer? Let me know in the comments!